Start a new topic

Format required for PCB manufacturing

Format required for PCB manufacturing

This is awesome. I had a similar query and i got my answer here. Thanks to every one.

Thanks for your question.  The first thing you'll want to do is save your FAB 3000 workspace (*.wrk) -- so you can make sure all your edits have been saved.  Go to menu:  File / Save Workspace, and select the location where you'd like to save your workspace.

Now lets export to a Manufacturing format:

1.  Probably the easiest thing to do is export as an ODB++ (because the ODB++ contains everything in one simple file).   Simply go to the FAB 3000 menu:   File  /  Export   /  ODB++, and select the location where you'd like your ODB++ file saved.

Note:  If you're unfamiliar with the ODB++ format, I'd recommend that you just use the default options.

IMPORTANT:  If your manufacturer does not accept ODB++, than use "Export PCB" (see below).

2.   EXPORT PCB:  The nice thing about "Export PCB" is that it exports all required files for manufacturing (Gerber, Drills, Reports, etc.) in one command.

Go to menu:  File / Export / Export PCB..., and select the folder where you'd like to save your gerber, drill, & report files.  Use the default options.

Note:  I'd recommend that you choose a new folder to export to.  This way you avoid any potential conflict/confusion with your old gerber/drill files.

Dear Sir,

I have a folder containing gerber files ( such as .PHO, .REP, .LST, .DRL ) I have imported these whole folder in FAB 3000 now I am able to see my artwork and I have done some changes like added a text or deleted a text. Now I have to send this job to PCB manufacturer then what is the process?

Please help !!!
Login or Signup to post a comment