Start a new topic

How can I generate Assembly drawing for SMT and PTH. I want separate SMT and through hole components?

• FAB3K includes a DOCUMENTATION Mode allowing you to easily generate all types of PCB manufacturing related documentation, including:
  • Assembly Drawings
  • Fabrication Drawings
  • Panel Drawings
  • Stackup Drawings
  • Add Dimensions (Ordinate, Horizontal, Vertical, Radius, etc).
  • Perform Red-Line Markup
  • Direct Team Share and Collaboration on CloudDFM.com (NEW!)

Note:  Many of these features have automatic generation, and all documents may be exported as popular manufacturing formats: PDF, Gerber, ODB++, IPC-2581, DXF, DWG, HPGL, and more.

Here's the steps to generate an Assembly Drawing (requires FAB3K v8.7+):

1. Import your design into FAB3K.
  2. Set the editor into DOCUMENTATION Mode. Select menu:  Windows / Documentation Mode
    • Note: You have now entered in the Documentation Editor, and toolbar plus menus will be different.
  3. Create Assembly Drawing (Select Assembly Drawing from the main toolbar).
  4. Review and Configure the settings you require.
    • You can select what Component Types you wish to have included in the assembly drawings, such as: SMT, PTH (Thru-Hole), BGA, Press fit, and others.
  5. To generate Assembly drawings for both Top and Bottom sides, make sure to check Top Side and Bottom Side.
    • Note:  If you wish to only create an Assembly Drawing ONLY for either Top or Bottom Side, than just check the appropriate option.
  6. Press Next..., and your assembly drawings will be created.
    • Note: A separate layer is created for each Assembly Drawing and you may create as many Assembly drawings are you require.
  7. Export Assembly Drawings as PDF by going to menu: File / Export as PDF /  PDF Out...  
    • Important:  You can now export these Assembly Drawings as popular manufacturing formats: PDF, Gerber, ODB++, IPC-2581, DXF, DWG, HPGL, and more.

Sample section of an Assembly drawing.

1 Comment

I unable to select component as step 4 and couldn't see component layer. Please provide more instruction. Thank you.

Login or Signup to post a comment