Start a new topic

I am able to generate the ODB++ .tgz, but it fails to convert for all the layers. The only one that gets converted, is the drill file.

Sounds like you've done everything correctly.  If possible please let me know the following so I can best assist you:

• Are you receiving an error message (about failed layers) during ODB++ Export (in FAB3000)?  If yes, please submit a support ticket and include your sample FAB 3000 workspace file (*.wrk) and we'll be happy to take a look and determine a solution.

• Does the error occur (about failed layers) when you import the ODB++ you just generated back into FAB?    If yes, please submit a support ticket and include your sample FAB 3000 workspace file (*.wrk) and we'll be happy to take a look and determine a solution. 

• Does the error occur (about failed layers) when loading your ODB++ into a 3rd party tool that supports ODB++?   If yes, what tool are you using to import the resulting ODB++ (i.e tool that shows only Drill import)?  The reason I ask is most 3rd party tool that support ODB++ are very structured and only import specific features.   So it's important to determine what that 3rd party tool requires and include it in the ODB++ (for example the 3rd party tool may require objects with Nets, only components, etc.).  My first suggestion during ODB++ Export would be to check the option Optimize Connectivity for 3D/Circuit Simulators, this was built specifically for that purpose and ensures Nets, Pad stacks, and other common ODB++ features are generated (even though they do not exist in the Gerber).  Note:  FAB 3000 V8.5+ fully supports the Gerber V3 standard which now includes Nets and Components in the Gerber format itself.

Thanks again.

Simon

Login or Signup to post a comment