Start a new topic

During DXF Import my text is using a DCode that is too big. How do I control the dcode width used on my Text entities?

To control the Dcode width used when importing your DXF file, please perform the following:
1. Goto menu:  File | Import | DXF..., and select your DXF file.
2. You will now be in the DXF Import Dialog, click on the Tab "Styles".
3. Goto "Text Line Width / Fill Method".  Choose between:

Use Same Line Width for All: Determine a standard line width to be used for all DXF text.

Use Ratio: The text line width will be determined by a ratio of the text height divided by your supplied value.

Import DXF Styles:

DXF Style:

The DXF style name.  This is merely for reference, and cannot be changed.

Fab3000 Font File:

Choose which Pre-Compiled Fab3000 Font File to use from the pull-down.  All Fab3000 Font files are derived from TrueType fonts respectively.  You may compile a Fab3000 Font file from any TrueType font.

Default Text Style:

Assign the default Fab3000 Font File  to use when an associated DXF font file cannot not be determined or located.

Text Line Width/Fill Method:

The setting controls the DXF Text Line Width & Filling options:

Use Polygon Fill: All Text will be filled as polygons. Their widths are already determined in the Fab3000 font file itself.

Use Same Line Width for All: Determine a standard line width to be used for all DXF text.

Use Ration: The text line width will be determined by a ratio of the text height divided by your supplied value.

Login or Signup to post a comment