Start a new topic

I tried to convert a dxf file to gerber. The output file is not filled. Why is this happening?

I tried to convert a dxf file to gerber. The output file is not filled. Why is this happening?
1 Comment

To fill an area in gerber, requires that the boundary is closed & continuous (also the boundary cannot self-intersect -- like a bow tie or have any overlapping/duplicate vertices).  When I opened your sample file "UAVAntenna1_AA.DXF" in AutoCAD, I saw that it was contained several "Open" polylines & line entities used to draw a boundary.  Those "open" polylines & line entities must be joined to form a single "closed" polyline that represents the boundary.  Then ACE 3000 will be able to fill the area in gerber.

Solution #1:
If you have a CAD program like (AutoCAD or Free Draftsight) usethe command "pedit" (or something similiar) to join those open polylines and for closed polylines.  Then load the DXF into ACE 3000, and you will see a fill boundary (assuming there are not overlapping verticies or bow-tie).

Solution #2:
In AutoCAD or similar use the Hatch Command with solid fill.  ACE 3000 can easily convert hatches to filled boundaries in Gerber.  Note:  Make sure to eliminate the remaining lines and open polylines as they will cause duplicate data in your gerber.

Solution #3 (Recommended):
ACE 3000 has the ability to join those "open" polylines & line entities during the conversion.  Simply check the option "Join" for any layers that contain open boundaries.  Please see the tutorial below:
http://screencast.com/t/yX47ewUDp

Let me know your results.
Login or Signup to post a comment