Start a new topic

DXF to Gerber: The resulting Gerber files, look very weird in my gerber viewer - what happenend?

DXF to Gerber: The resulting Gerber files, look very weird in my gerber viewer - what happenend?
1 Comment

My company bought ACE 3000 V6 dxf/Gerber couple weeks ago. I tried your software before buying and did not have any problem. Now I cannot have right Gerber files, as the resulting gerber files do not appear correctly in my gerber viewer.

Thank you for your question and sending a sample file to support@numericalinnovations.com

When reviewing your gerber files, I noticed you selected to export the Gerbers with a "Digit (Integer.Decimal)" format of "4.1".  This means that the accuracy of your gerber files is only to 1 decimal place (i.e 1/10th inch), and your gerber files coordinates will be rounded down.

For example, if a coordinate in your gerber file was meant to be 2.24 inches, it would be rounded to 1 decimal place of accuracy, resulting in  2.2 inch.

Note:   This is typically the case when you view your resulting gerbers in a "gerber viewer" and see many weird geometries. 

Simply select an export format with at least 4 decimal digits (for example "4.4") and you should be fine.  I have attached a simple movie tutorial (no sound) for your reference:
http://www.screencast.com/users/Numerical/folders/Jing/media/09479281-f842-4860-9ae5-41daddbe3c95

Login or Signup to post a comment