Start a new topic

What DFM rules formats can you import – i.e. can I get rules file from my fabricator and read them in?

Currently FAB 3000 includes over 100 of the most critical "DFM Rules", used to verify and confirm your PCB Design is ready for manufacturing.

There is not a direct importer for each fabricator, however you can easily determine which "DFM Rules" to check, and assign the appropriate values for most (as some DFM Rules do not include values).  Once you have finished assigning all the DFM Rules to Check for a specific fabricator, you can save those rules as a DFM Rule Set.

What is a DFM Rule Set?

A grouping of DFM Rules with specific values you have assigned and saved.  The DFM Rule set is stored as a (*.drf) file and located in the FAB 3000 installation DFM folder, ex: C:\Numerical Innovations\Fab3000V8\dfm        You can share your DFM Rule files (*.drf) with any other FAB 3000 user.  These DFM Rules will also work with DFM Now, CAM Library, and our online solution CloudDFM

To create a new DFM Rule Set.

1. Go to menu:  Tools | DFM | DFM Rules Management...

2. Press Button "New", and enter a name for the DFM Rule Set (like the vendor name or something else relevant).

3. Determine which "DFM Rules" to check, and assign the appropriate values for most (as some DFM Rules do not include values).

4. Press button "Finish" and your DFM Rule set has been saved for later use with FAB 3000's DFM Checker. 

To Share an existing DFM Rule Set File (*.drf) with other people.

1. Find the DFM Rule Set file (*.drf) located in the FAB 3000 installation DFM folder, ex: C:\Numerical Innovations\Fab3000V8\dfm

2. Give/Send the DFM Rule Set file (*.drf) file to the other person.

3.  Have them open FAB 3000 and go to menu:   Tools | DFM | DFM Rules Management... 

4. Press button "Open...", and select the *.drf file to open.

5. Press Finish and now you have shared your DFM Rule Set file (*.drf) .

Shortcut:  You can also just have the other person please your DFM Rule Set file (*.drf), in their FAB 3000 installation DFM folder, ex: C:\Numerical Innovations\Fab3000V8\dfm   Afterwards FAB 3000 will now have access to that DFM Rule Set.

Login or Signup to post a comment