Start a new topic

FAB 3000: Copper Sliver DFM

Hi,

We have been advised by our PCB blank manufacturer that they woullike us to increase the width of copper slivers on some of our internal plane layers. 

I tried to use FAB-3000 to detect the copper slivers in our design but could not get FAB 3000 to trigger any violations, even if the threshold is set very high. I followed the following process:

* Import single gerber layer file into workspace

*Create new DFM rule set with only "copper sliver" ticked, and value set to 0.5mm

*Run DFM Check

*Warning about no drill layers dismissed    

*Search Area: Entire Board

* Success! No DFM/DRC Violations detected. 

However I would expect a large number  violations since this layer has slivers of <0.1mm whilst the rule value is set at 0.5mm. 

Is the a known issue with the copper sliver DFM check?

Thanks,

Tom 

Sounds like there's a step missing.  To detect copper slivers in gerber files you'll need to first have a netlist extracted. 

If possible please submit a support ticket and provide any sample workspace file (*.wrk).  Let us know any region of concern and we'll be happy to review it in detail.

Thanks again, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Simon

Hi,

This issue is still unresolved. I've not had any response on my support ticket for a couple of months. Are you able to help?

Thanks,

Tom 

Hi Simon,

I tried extracting the netlist and this didn't change the behaviour. I have seperately submitted a support ticket with an example workspace (Ticket no 31298).

Thanks,

Tom

Login or Signup to post a comment