Start a new topic

The silkscreen layer does not show text, just blocks instead of text.

The silkscreen layer does not show text, just blocks instead of text.
1 Comment

My desktop was recently updated to ACE 3000 version 6.2.8. I have started having an issue when I import a DXF. The silkscreen layer does not show text, just blocks instead of text. In my dxf, the fonts used are arial. I have included some pictures. Are there any solutions? This feature "does" work fine on other computer here.

When the font appears as "blocks", it means that ACE 3000 cannot find it's font files (*.fnt) on your computer.  I would recommend trying to uninstall and then re-install ACE 3000.  Before installing, try right-clicking the file "ace3000v6.exe", and select "Run as administrator".

Note:  To be Windows compliant, these font files are typically stored in your "Roaming folder".  On my Windows Vista machine here that folder is:
"C:\Users\Main\AppData\Roaming\Numerical Innovations\ACE3000 V6\fonts"   --- it may be different on your computer but this should give you an idea where it is located.

My guess is that the ACE 3000 installer was not allowed to place the font files in the Roaming folder, or perhaps there was some other user permission issue on that computer.

Let us know if this helps.
Login or Signup to post a comment