Start a new topic

When I convert my GDSII to DXF, the wrong cell is being used? It should be 5 by 55mm.

When I convert my GDSII to DXF, the wrong cell is being used? It should be 5 by 55mm.
1 Comment

I believe the problem is selecting the "top cell".  With many GDSII files there is a single "top cell" (i.e. parent cell, that is not referenced inside any other cell), and ACE will automatically detect this cell and use it as the default for translation. In some GDSII files there is not a definable "top cell", so after importing the GDSII, you need to select the "Top Cell" from the Cell List located in the page "Export Cell and Layers" (on the left-hand side).  In many cases the designer of the GDSII will tell you the top cell so you may select it from the Cell List, however in some cases the designer is not available to tell you the top cell so you must locate it.

Note: For an intuitive way to determine the top cell, goto the ACE Viewer, and the select menu item:  View | Cell Browser...

Once you select the top cell for exporting, this will be used when ACE translates your data.
Login or Signup to post a comment